22/10/2018 15:00 - Council Chambers
17th October 2018.
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Cathaoirleach agus Comhaltaí,
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the October Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 22nd October at 3.00pm in Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
(i) To approve the minutes of the September Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Civic Offices, Athlone on Monday, 17th September 2018 at 3.00pm.
(ii) To approve the minutes of the Special meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 27th August 2018 at 3.00 p.m.
(iii) To approve the minutes of the Special meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 10th September 2018 at 10.30 a.m.
(iv) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Wednesday, 12th September 2018 at 8.30 a.m.
(v) To note the minutes of the Planning and Transportation SPC meeting held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, 21st February 2018.
(vi) To note the minutes of the Planning and Transportation SPC meeting held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, 25th May 2018.
(vii) To note the minutes of Mullingar Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 10th September 2018 at 2.00 p.m.
(viii) To note the minutes of the Athlone Municipal District meeting held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 3rd September 2018 at 3.00 p.m.
2. Management Report
3. Chief Executive Orders
4. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed Lease of the Ground Floor of the Market House, Kilbeggan to Dr. Raymond Campbell in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
5. To approve Old Rail Trail Byelaws 2018 in Accordance with Part 19 of the Local Government Act 2001
6. To approve 3 year Road Restoration Programme 2019-2021
7. To approve an Agreement between Sport Ireland and Westmeath County Council in relation to the establishment of a Local Sports Partnership for Westmeath in accordance with the provisions of Section 85 of the Local Government Act 2001 as amended
8. To approve the raising of a loan of €5 million from the Housing Finance Agency plc for any purpose authorised under the Housing Acts
9. To consider Chief Executive’s Report on Amendment Number 2 to the Mullingar Local Area Plan 2014 – 2020 in respect of the Vacant Site Levy
10. To receive update on Rural Development Programmes
11. To receive Report on Emergency Accommodation arrangements
12. To note the NOAC Local Authority Performance Indicators Report 2017
13. To receive Report on Music Generation
14. To receive a presentation on Winter Readiness 2018-2019
“For Westmeath County Council to make a strong case to the Department of Housing, Planning & Local Government to invest in and establish a web based Social Housing Support 'portal'. A modern portal would streamline all aspects of housing services enabling applicants, tenants and property owners to do the following on-line: make applications, see their status, up-date files, check rent, report faults, sign up to schemes, and so much more. Such a system would lead to easier access to information for clients, allow greater transparency for all users and would revolutionise the work of our own housing section.”
“That Westmeath County Council would update on the time taken to undertake improvement works on local authority housing for people with disabilities”
16. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
17. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons
19. Aon Gnó Eile