Notice is hereby given that Westmeath County Council having given the required notice of intention has now decided to close to public traffic, the roads described hereunder from 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Saturday 9th July, 2022 and from 8.00 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. on Sunday 10th July, 2022 to facilitate the holding of a Motor Cycle Road Race at Walderstown, Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
Roads to be closed:
- Local Road LS 5456 from Creeve Three Roads North to Walderstown Crossroads
- Regional Road R390 from Walderstown Crossroads to Corr Crossroads
- Local road LP 1437 from Corr Crossroads to Creeve Three Roads North
Alternative Routes Available:
- Traffic from Mount Temple may travel via road LP5454 from Creeve Cross to Killinineen Cross, by road R390 to Crush Bridge and by road LP1348 to Tang, Gortmore, Dunamona and Ardnagrath and vice versa.
- Traffic from Glasson may travel via road N55 to East Hill Junction, Portaneena, by road LS5457 to Annagh Cross and on to Annaghgortagh and via road LP1427 to Mount Temple and vice versa.
- Traffic from Ballymore may travel from Killinineen Cross via road LS5454 to Creeve Cross and by Road LS5455 to Baylin and on to Athlone and vice versa.
- Traffic from Mullingar to Athlone may travel via Road R391 from Ballinea Three Roads to Horseleap and by Road R446 to Moate and on to Athlone.
- Traffic from Athlone to Mullingar may travel via Road N55 from Tinkers Cross, Ballykeeran to Ballymahon and hence via Road R392 via Moyvore to Mullingar.
Diversion routes will be signposted and local access will be provided.
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 04/07/2022