March Monthly Meeting
27/03/2023 15:00 - Council Chamber
Download Minutes & Agenda:
22 March 2023
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Chathaoirligh agus a Chomhaltaí
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the March Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 27 March 2023 at 3.00 pm in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar by Hybrid Meeting to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
1. Roll Call and Declaration of Interest at Meetings
(i) To approve the minutes of the February Monthly Meeting Westmeath County Council held by Hybrid Meeting in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 27 February 2023 at 3.00 p.m.
Minutes of February 2023 Meeting of WCC 27.02.2023
(ii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held by teleconference, on Wednesday, 22 February 2023 at 8.30 a.m.
Minutes of the February CPG Meeting 22.02.2023
(iii) To note the minutes of the meeting of the Municipal District Members for the Municipal District of Mullingar-Kinnegad held in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 13 February 2023 at 2 p.m.
Minutes of the February 2023 MDMK Meeting 13.02.2023
(iv) To note the minutes of the meeting of the Municipal District Members for the Municipal District of Athlone-Moate held in the Council Chamber, Civic Offices, Athlone on Monday, 13 February 2023 at 2 p.m.
Minutes of the February MDAM Meeting 13.02.2023
(v) To note the minutes of the Economic Development, Enterprise and Tourism Strategic Policy Committee Meeting held in the Executive Lounge, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Friday, 16 December 2022 and reconvened in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 23 January 2023
Minutes Economic Enterprise Toursim SPC 16.12.2022
(vi) To note the minutes of the Environment, Climate Action, Water and Emergency Services Strategic Policy Committee Meeting held in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Thursday, 8 December 2022 at 11 a.m.
Minutes of Environment, Climate Action, Water & E.S. SPC 08.12.2022
3. Management Report
Monthly Management Report - February 2023
4. Chief Executive Orders
5. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed disposal of circa 1.47 hectares at Walterstown, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
Ce Report to Members Section 183 N52 Carrick Bridge to Clonfad Scheme
S183-Proposed disposal of circa 1.47 hectares at Walterstown, Mullingar
WH5201-09-004 Land Map
(ii) Proposed renewal of 3 year Lease of office space on ground floor of Market House, Mullingar in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
C.E. Letter - Proposed renewal of 3 year lease in the Market House, Mullingar
S183-Proposed renewal of 3 yr lease - Market House, Mullingar
Section 183 drawing Market House Mullingar
(iii) Proposed renewal of Licence Agreement - car-parking space at Blackhall, Mullingar in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
C.E. Letter - Proposed renewal of Licence Agreement - car parking space at Black
S183-Proposed licence at Blackhall Car Park, Mullingar
Map car-parking space at St. John's Tce. Mullingar
6. To receive presentation from Ms. Anne O’Keeffe, Chairperson of Westmeath Audit Committee:
a) To receive Audit Committee Report on the Annual Financial Statement 2021 and Audit Report for 2021
S60 report LG Audit Committee - 2021
b) To receive Audit Committee Annual Report for 2022
WCC Audit Committee Annual Report 2022
c) To consider and adopt Audit Committee Charter
WCC Audit Committee Charter
7. To receive LCDC Annual Report 2022
Draft LCDC Annual Report 2022
8. To approve 2023 Transportation Works Programme
9. To consider Chief Executive’s Report on the proposed Material Contravention of the Westmeath County Development Plan 2021-2027 in respect of Planning Ref. 22-549 – N.J. Doyne Construction (Ireland) - Proposed Housing Development and all ancillary services at Collinstown, Co. Westmeath
CE Report to Members re Material Contravention - Planning Ref 22-549
Cllr. Michael Dollard
“That in the context of Housing For All, Westmeath County Council would provide for a serviced land initiative in the towns of Mullingar and Athlone for people who wish to construct a dwelling house for their own use and who otherwise would not qualify to do so on the basis of non-compliance with Local Needs. This proposal to be advanced in conjunction with both Local Area Plans for both towns”.
11. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group:
• To consider resolution passed by Mullingar Kinnegad Municipal District at their March 2023 Meeting, “that the Municipal District of Mullingar Kinnegad consider funding mobility scooters under older/disabled persons grants”.
• To consider commencing Westmeath County Council Meetings at the earlier time of 2.30pm on a trial basis, for a 3 month period, commencing in April 2023. This to be reviewed after the 3 month period has elapsed.
12. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons:
• Proposed allocations from the Economic Development and Promotion Fund
14. Aon Gnó Eile