April Monthly Meeting
24/04/2023 15:00 - Council Chamber
Download Minutes & Agenda:
19 April 2023
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Chathaoirligh agus a Chomhaltaí
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the April Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 24 April 2023 to commence immediately following the conclusion of the Finance Committee Meeting, and no later than 3:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar by Hybrid Meeting to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
1. Roll Call and Declaration of Interest at Meetings
(i) To approve the minutes of the March Monthly Meeting Westmeath County Council held by Hybrid Meeting in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 27 March 2023 at 3.00 p.m.
Minutes of March 2023 Meeting of WCC 27.03.2023
(ii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held by teleconference, on Wednesday, 22 March 2023 at 8.30 a.m.
Minutes of the March CPG Meeting 22.03.2023
(iii) To note the minutes of the meeting of the Municipal District Members for the Municipal District of Mullingar-Kinnegad held in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 13 March 2023 at 2 p.m.
Minutes of MDMK Meeting 13.03.2023
(iv) To note the minutes of the meeting of the Municipal District Members for the Municipal District of Athlone-Moate held in the Council Chamber, Civic Offices, Athlone on Monday, 6 March 2023 at 2 p.m.
Minutes of MDAM Meeting 06.03.2023
3. Management Report
Monthly Management Report - March 2023
4. Chief Executive Orders
5. Disposal of Land/Property
6. To consider Draft Annual Report 2022
7. To receive JPC Annual Report 2022
Westmeath Joint Policing Committee Annual Report 2022
8. To note update on Local Improvement Schemes
9. (a) To consider Westmeath County Council Annual Financial Statement 2022
Annual Financial Statement 2022
(b) To approve additional net expenditure in excess of Budget as are set out in note 16(b) on page 25 of the Annual Financial Statement 2022 in accordance with section 104(7) of the Local Government Act 2001 As amended)
10. To fix a date and time for a Special Meeting of the Council to consider the Chief Executive’s Report on Umma More Wind Farm Strategic Infrastructure Development (SID) application to An Bord Pleanála; to seek the views of the Members on the proposed development; and to resolve, if necessary, to attach recommendations to the Chief Executive’s Report
Cllr. Andrew Duncan
“That Westmeath County Council would write to the Minister of Housing and request that he support and encourage the immediate construction of affordable housing units by temporarily removing the need for local authority contributions and facilitating the designation of affordable units in developments that are in the planning system or that have a grant of planning.”
12. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group:
• That Mr. Paddy Matthews, CEO, Fáilte Ireland give a presentation on the “Regenerative Tourism Scheme 2023-2026” to the Members of Westmeath County Council at the May 2023 County Council Meeting
• That Westmeath County Council agree the deputation (maximum of 12 persons) to meet with Transport Infrastructure Ireland
13. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons
15. Aon Gnó Eile