25/04/2022 15:00 - Council Chamber
20 April 2022
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Chathaoirligh agus a Chomhaltaí
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the April Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 25 April 2022 to commence immediately following the conclusion of the Finance Committee Meeting, and no later than 3p.m., in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
1. Roll Call and Declaration of Interest at Meetings
(i) To approve the minutes of the March Monthly Meeting Westmeath County Council held by Hybrid Meeting in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 21 March 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
Minutes of March Meeting of Westmeath County Council 21.03.2022
(ii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held by teleconference on Wednesday, 16 March 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
Minutes of CPG Meeting March 2022
(iii) To note the minutes of the Municipal District Mullingar-Kinnegad meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar and by video conference (hybrid meeting) on Monday, 14 March 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
(iv) To note the minutes of the Municipal District Athlone-Moate meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone and by video conference (hybrid meeting) on Monday, 8 March 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Minutes of March Meeting of MDAM 08.03.2022
(v) To note the minutes of the Special Meeting of Westmeath County Council, held on Monday 4 April 2022 at 10:00 a.m. by MS Teams Meeting to consider the Chief Executive’s Report on a Strategic Infrastructure Development (SID) application to An Bord Pleanála for a 220kV Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) electrical substation and two 220kV underground transmission cables, interface compounds and pylons and associated works at Kiltotan and Collinstown and Oldtown, Rochfortbridge; to seek the views of the Members on the proposal; and to resolve, if necessary, to attach recommendations to the Chief Executive’s Report.
Minutes of the Special Meeting of WCC 04.04.2022
3. Management Report
Monthly Management Report - March 2022
4. Chief Executive Orders
5. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed land Disposal at Abbeylands, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath with Abbeylands Mullingar Apartment Owners' Management Company Limited in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
Abbeylands Apartments_Land Transfer Map
6. To approve 2022 Transportation Works Programme
7. To consider Report on Live Streaming of County Council meetings
8. To fix a date for special meeting on Social Housing Rent and Update on Affordable Housing
9. To consider draft Annual Report 2021
10. To consider Chief Executive’s Report on Part 8 Planning for Development of a Town Park and associated pedestrian links at Mullingar Road (R394), Castlepollard, County Westmeath
CE Report to Members Castlepollard Town Park LA(M) 129 21042022
11. To consider Chief Executive’s Report on Part 8 Planning for Refurbishment of the Former Market House, at the Square, Castlepollard, County Westmeath, as a community hub
CE Report to Members Castlepollard Market House LA(M) 21042022
12. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group:
• That Westmeath County Council will host a Civic Reception, in Athlone, in honour of the RTE All Ireland Drama Festival in this, the festival’s 70th year, and to give due recognition to all those who have made and continue to make this festival such a wonderful success story for the town of Athlone
13. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons
Cllr. Ken Glynn:
“I call on Westmeath County Council to carry out an immediate review of housing rents with a view to reducing rents for all our housing tenants based on the ongoing rising costs of living.”
16. Aon Gnó Eile