29/03/2021 15:00 - Council Chamber
24 March 2021
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Chathaoirligh agus a Chomhaltaí
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the March Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 29 March 2021 at 3.00pm by MS Teams Meeting to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
1. Roll Call and Declaration of a Conflict of Interest at Meetings
(i) To approve the minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council held by MS Teams on Monday, 22 February 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
(ii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held by teleconference, on Wednesday, 17 February 2021 at 8.30 a.m.
Minutes of CPG Meeting 17 February 2021
(iii) To note the minutes of the Municipal District Mullingar-Kinnegad meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Executive Lounge, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 8 February 2021.
MDMK Minutes February
(iv) To note the minutes of the Municipal District Athlone-Moate meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 1 February 2021 at 2.00 p.m.
Minutes of AMMD meeting 01.02.2021
3. Management Report
Monthly Management Report - February 2021
4. Chief Executive Orders
5. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed disposal 0.227 acre plot at Greenhills, Killucan, Co. Westmeath with disused reservoir thereon ( to supersede previous ) in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
Section 183-Proposed disposal of 0.227 acre plot at Greenhills, Killucan
(ii) Proposed renewal of 7 year Licence of 0.080 acres at Ballynacargy to Ballynacargy Tidy Towns Committee for use as playground in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
S183-Proposed renewal of 7 yr licence of 0.080 acres at Ballynacargy
6. To receive presentation from Ms. Anne O’Keeffe, Chairperson of Westmeath Audit Committee:
a) To receive Audit Committee Report on the Annual Financial Statement 2019 and Audit Report for 2019
b) To receive Audit Committee Annual Report for 2020
c) To consider and adopt Audit Committee Annual Work Programme 2021
d) To consider and adopt Audit Committee Charter
7. (a) To consider Westmeath County Council Annual Financial Statement 2020
(b) To approve additional net expenditure in excess of Budget as are set out in note 16(b) on page 25 of the Annual Financial Statement 2020 in accordance with section 104(7) of the Local Government Act 2001 (As amended)
Annual Financial Statement 2020
8. To receive presentation on the Westmeath County Council Plan for the 2021 Decade of Centenaries Programme
9. To receive Housing Update
10. To consider Chief Executive’s Report on the proposed Material Contravention of the Westmeath County Development Plan 2014 – 2020 in respect of Planning Ref. 20/6160 - John Gildea – Medical/Pharmacy development at Main Street, Kinnegad
Planning Ref 20-6160 Material Contravention
Cllr. John Dolan:
‘That Westmeath County Council establish and allocate appropriate resources, on a trial basis, a dedicated team to do house to house calls to ask for proof of rubbish disposal and to monitor who is not affiliated with a registered refuse collector.’
12. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
13. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons:
• Recommendation from Cllr Frank McDermott, Chair of the Environment Climate Action Water and Emergency Services, to approve ‘Fire & Emergency Operations Plan under section 26 of the Fire Services Act 1981’
• To consider recommendation from Cllr Louise Heavin, Chair of the Planning and Transportation SPC that the Council correspond with Irish Rail regarding the re-opening of Killucan Railway Station
• To receive recommendations from Cllr John Shaw, Chair of the Economic, Enterprise and Tourism SPC in respect of funding proposals for the Economic Development and Promotion Fund:
Athlone Chamber of Commerce in respect of Athlone Food Network - €6,000
Midland.ie Digital Strategy, in cooperation with Laois, Longford and Offaly County Councils and supported by Just Transition Funding - €15,000 per annum for 3 years
County by County Television programme concentrating on Westmeath to be broadcast across the USA and the creation of content for local promotional purposes - €10,000
15. Aon Gnó Eile