20/07/2020 15:00 - Council Chamber Athlone
15 July 2020
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Chathaoirligh agus a Chomhaltaí
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the July Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 20 July 2020 at 3.00pm in the Council Chamber, Civic Offices, Athlone to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
(i) To approve the minutes of the Annual Meeting of Westmeath County Council held in The Atrium, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 22 June 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Minutes of Annual Meeting of WCC 22.06.2020
(ii) To approve the minutes of the June Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council held in The Atrium, Áras an Chonate, Mullingar on Monday, 22 June 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Minutes of June monthly meeting of WCC 22.06.2020
(iii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Wednesday, 17 June 2020 at 8.30 a.m.
Minutes of CPG Meeting 17 June 2020
(iv) To note the minutes of the Mullingar-Kinnegad Municipal District Annual meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Belvedere House and Gardens, Mullingar on Monday, 08 June 2020 at 1.30 p.m.
Minutes of MKMD Annual Meeting 2020
(v) To note the minutes of the Mullingar-Kinnegad Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Belvedere House and Gardens, Mullingar on Monday, 08 June 2020 at 2.00 p.m.
Minutes of MKMD June Meeting 08 June 2020
(vi) To note the minutes of the Athlone-Moate Municipal District Annual meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 08 June 2020 at 2.00 pm.
MDAM AGM minutes 8th June 2020
(vii) To note the minutes of the Athlone-Moate Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 08 June 2020 at 3:00 pm.
MDAM 8th June 2020 minutes
2. Management Report
Monthly Management Report - June 2020
3. Declaration of a conflict of interest at meetings
4. Chief Executive Orders
5. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed disposal of circa 0.20 acres to McGee Family Partnership to rectify title of property at Blyry Business Park, Athlone. in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
Proposed disposal of circa 0.20 acres to McGee Family Partnership
6. To receive update on Housing Capital Schemes
7. To appoint one Member to be Chairperson designate of the Housing, Community, Corporate and Culture Strategic Policy Committee to be formed in accordance with the S.P.C. Scheme
8. To approve the raising of a loan of €5 million from the Housing Finance Agency plc for any purpose authorised under the Housing Acts
"In recognition that people with disabilities have the same right to use and enjoy public spaces and services as everyone else, as well as acknowledging the obstacles that people with disabilities face in their lives due to ill-placed hazards or thoughtlessness, I call on Westmeath County Council to support the annual national 'Make Way Day' on September 25th, 2020 through it's publications and social media (as it will need to occur virtually this year) by appointing an ongoing co-ordinator within Westmeath County Council for the purpose of acting as an intermediary with respect to the national coordinator of the 'Make My Way' campaign, the HSE, etc. to champion the rights and needs of people with disabilities in Westmeath (similar to the role of a data protection officer)."
Cllr. Hazel Smyth
10. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group:
Resolution for consideration at July Westmeath County Council Meeting 20.07.2020
• The Cathaoirleach of Westmeath County Council shall be authorised, to vary the location and/or start time of the monthly County Council meeting for so long as the provisions of the “Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (Covid-19) Act 2020” remain in place, or as shall be determined by resolution of Westmeath County Council
11. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons
• Correspondence from Minister for Training, Skills, Innovation, Research & Development
• Correspondence from Minister Simon Harris 03.07.2020
13. Aon Gnó Eile