27/01/2020 15:00 - Council Chamber
22 January 2020.
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Chathaoirligh agus a Chomhaltaí
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the January Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 27 January at 3.00pm in Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
(i) To approve the minutes of the December Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 16 December 2019 at 3:00 pm.
(ii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at 8.30 a.m.
(iii) To note the minutes of the Mullingar-Kinnegad Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 9 December 2019 at 2.00 p.m.
(iv) To note the minutes of the Athlone-Moate Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 2 December 2019 at 2:00 pm.
AMMD Minutes December 2019
2. Management Report
3. Chief Executive Orders
4. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed lease of circa 1.45 acres at Cloghanboy, Athlone to Athlone Tennis Club, in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
(ii) Proposed disposal of Council’s interest in circa 1.46 acres to Ballinagore GAA, in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
5. To receive presentation from Home for Life
6. To approve Westmeath County Council’s partnership with the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan
7. To fix a date for Special County Council Meeting to consider the draft County Development Plan 2021-2027
8. To receive report from Westmeath National Roads Office (NRO)
9. To consider draft Corporate Plan 2020 - 2024
10. To note the revised Application Form for Housing Adaptation Grants for Older People and People with a Disability
11. To note audited Annual Financial Statement in respect of Westmeath County Council for year ended 31 December 2018
Annual Financial Statements 2018
12. To note Local Government Audit Report in respect of Westmeath County Council for year ended 31 December 2018
Cllr. Bill Collentine:
“To call of Westmeath County Council to invite the IDA Regional Manager to February meeting to outline their 2020 plans for Westmeath.”
Cllr. John Dolan:
“Considering the unanimous motion passed in Dáil Eireann on the 19th November 2019, this Local Authority recognises: In March 2018 Ireland formally ratified the UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities (UNCRPD), which under Article 19 states that disabled people have the right to live in the community and have access to a range of in-home and other supports including PAS to support this. Its obligation to consult closely with disabled people and their representative organisations in policy development as enshrined in Article 4.3 of the UNCRPD which states that “in the development and implementation of legislation and policies…States Parties shall closely consult with and actively involve persons with disabilities, including children with disabilities, through their representative organizations”, specifically in relation to services provided by this local authority which impact on disabled people’s lives, such as planning, housing, transport, social inclusion and enterprise. The Motion passed in Dáil Eireann on the 19th November and as such reaffirms that PAS that supports disabled people to live independent lives should be legislated for as a right. Independent Living Movement Ireland as a national disabled persons organisation invite you to join us in the celebrations as they look to an accessible future for representative in local authorities It is similar to the Motion that was presented to the Dail, which you can see here (http://thomaspringle.ie/2019/11/15/”
14. To note issue of Annual Declarations
i. Ethical Framework Declaration
ii. Political Donations Declaration
15. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
• To note report on Transparency International Ireland (TII) National Integrity Index 2019
16. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons
• Motion from Monaghan County Council
• Letter from Minister Eoghan Murphy T.D.
• Letter from Chairman’s Office, Revenue Commissioners
18. Aon Gnó Eile