25/03/2019 15:00 - Council Chamber
20th March 2019.
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Cathaoirleach agus Comhaltaí,
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the March Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 25th March at 3.00pm in Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
(i) To approve the minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 25th February 2019 at 3:00 pm.
(ii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Wednesday, 20th February 2019 at 8.30 a.m.
(iii) To note the minutes of Mullingar Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 11th February 2019 at 2.00 p.m.
(iv) To note the minutes of the Athlone Municipal District meeting held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 4th February 2019 at 3:00 pm.
2. Management Report
3. Chief Executive Orders
4. Disposal of Land/Property
5. To consider Chief Executive’s report in respect of the Draft Westmeath Polling Scheme 2019
6. To consider Section 85 agreement between Westmeath County Council and Meath County Council in respect of Kinnegad Playground
7. To consider Westmeath Local Community Development Committee Annual Report 2018
8. (a) To note Westmeath County Council Annual Financial Statement 2018
(b) To approve additional net expenditure in excess of Budget as are set out in note 16(b) on page 27 of the Annual Financial Statement 2018 in accordance with section 104(7) of the Local Government Act 2001 (As amended)
9. To approve the 2019 Roads Programme in respect of public roads
10. To note Local Improvement Scheme (LIS) update in respect of private roads
11. To consider report on Public Lighting Maintenance
12. (a) To consider deferral of publication of notices to review the Mullingar Local Area Plan and to extend the duration of the current Mullingar Local Area Plan for a further period not exceeding 5 years
(b) To consider the opinion of the Chief Executive under Section 19(1)(e)(ii) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) in respect of the decision to extend the period of the Mullingar Local Area Plan 2014-2020 (MLAP)
- Cllr. Johnnie Penrose:
“That Westmeath County Council, in view of the damage that spiralling insurance costs are causing to community groups, voluntary organisations, charities and small business, calls on the Government to accelerate its insurance reform programme. In particular, Westmeath County calls on the Government to immediately establish a distinct Insurance Fraud Unit within an Garda Síochána, establish an interim Judicial Council which will address excessive awards made in our courts and insist on greater transparency in relation to claims and premiums from Irish insurers”.
14. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
15. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons
- Acknowledgement letter from Mr. Eoghan Murphy, T.D. Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government re Irish Water (re water supply in Westmeath)
- Reminder to Members in relation to Annual Ethics Declarations
17. Aon Gnó Eile