26/03/2018 15:00 - Council Chamber
21st March 2018.
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Cathaoirleach agus Comhaltaí,
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the March Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 26th March 2018 at 3.00pm in Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder
Mise, le Meas,
(i) To approve the minutes of the February Monthly meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae on Monday, 26th February 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
(ii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Wednesday, 20th February 2018 at 8.30 a.m.
(iii) To note the minutes of Mullingar Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 12th February 2018 at 2.00pm.
(iv) To note the minutes of the Athlone Municipal District Meeting held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 5th February 2018 at 3.00 p.m.
(v) To note the minutes of the Planning and Transportation Strategic Policy Committee meeting held on 15th November 2017 at 10:00 am in the Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar.
2. Management Report
3. Chief Executive Orders
4. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed disposal of former Incubation Units and Yard at Zone A, Mullingar Business Park, Mullingar to Soltec Ireland Ltd., in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
5. To approve the Chief Executive’s Report on the proposed Variation to Westmeath County Development Plan 2014-2020 in respect of Housing land at Castlepollard
6. To consider Chief Executive’s Report on the proposed material contravention of the Athlone Town Development Plan 2014 – 2020 in respect of Planning Ref. 17/7077 - Saltro Properties Ltd. – development at Magazine Road, Athlone
7. To consider Chief Executive’s Report on Part 8 planning in respect of Athlone Flood Alleviation Scheme – Cell 5 – Marine View, Athlone
8. (a) To note Westmeath County Council Annual Financial Statement 2017
(b) To approve additional net expenditure in excess of Budget as are set out in note 16(b) on page 27 of the Annual Financial Statement 2017 in accordance with section 104(7) of the Local Government Act 2001 (As amended)
Cllr Frank McDermott:
“This Council calls on the Irish government to ratify, as soon as possible, The Convention against Trafficking in Human Organs which was adopted by the Council of Europe on 9 July 2014 in order to criminalise illegal organ transplantations. The Irish Government has already signed this convention, but is yet to ratify it.”
10. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
11. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons
“That the Mayor of the Municipal District would have a seat on the Evaluation Committee for assessing the festival and events grants”
13. Aon Gnó Eile