18/09/2017 15:00 - Council Chambers
13th September 2017
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Cathaoirleach agus Comhaltaí,
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the September Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 18th September 2017 at 3.00pm in Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder
Mise, le Meas,
(i) To approve the minutes of July Monthly meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Athlone Civic Offices, Church St., Athlone on Monday, 24th July 2017 at 3.00 p.m.
(ii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Wednesday 19th July 2017 at 8.30 a.m.
(iii) To note the minutes of Mullingar Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 10th July 2017 at 2.00pm.
(iv) To note the minutes of the Athlone Municipal District Meeting held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 3rd July 2017 at 3.00 p.m.
2. Management Report
3. Chief Executive Orders
4. Disposal of Land/Property:
(i) Proposed disposal of Plot of ground comprised in Folio 19246 Co. Westmeath at Lismacaffrey, Co. Westmeath, to Tony and Kathleen Boyce in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
(ii) Proposed disposal of 1.386 acres at Golden Island, Athlone and circa 0.259 acres at Creggan Upper, Athlone to Tony Diskin or his nominees in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period
(iii) Proposed disposal of circa 0.015 acres to rear of 22 Ave Maria Park, Moate to Mark Dolan and Louise Kerr or their nominees in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
5. To fill casual vacancy in the membership of Westmeath County Council arising from the resignation of Cllr. Avril Whitney.
6. To appoint 1 member to the Transportation and Planning SPC.
7. To appoint 1 member to the Board of Mullingar Integrated Arts Centre.
8. To appoint 1 member to Longford and Westmeath Education and Training Board.
9. To consider the making of Road Traffic (Special Speed Limit) (County of Westmeath) Bye Laws 2017
10. To consider variation of the basic rate of Local Property Tax under section 20 of the Finance (Local Property Tax) Act 2012 (as amended)
11. To note Chief Executive’s Report on Local Improvement Schemes
12. To consider Chief Executive’s Report on the Part 8 Planning Process for Athlone Flood Alleviation Scheme – Flood Cell 3 –The Quay Athlone.
13. To consider Chief Executive’s Report on the Part 8 Planning Process for the extension of Athlone Fire Station.
14. (i) To consider the taking in charge of the following housing estates:
a. Drumaconn, Athlone
b. Crofton Court, Moate
c. Canal Walk, Athlone
(ii) To commence the taking in charge process for the following housing estate:
d. The Orchard, Athlone
(i) Cllr. John Shaw and Cllr. Paddy Hill:
That Westmeath County Council make the following variations to the County Development Plan 2014-2020
11.8 Local Housing Need Policy P-LHN1
It is a policy of Westmeath Co Council to permit residential development in areas outside of the development boundaries of the settlement hierarchy subject to the following circumstances
The local area for the purpose of this policy is defined as the area generally within a 10km radius of the applicant’s family home.
11.20 Areas of High Amenity
To restrict development not related to farm practices and tourism in all high amenity areas with the exception of housing for the immediate family (son/daughter) of established residents living on landholdings, who demonstrate a housing need and have long term intrinsic links with the area. The entire landholding will be demonstrated to have been in the resident’s ownership 5 years prior to the date of application.
(ii) Cllr. Tom Farrell:
“That Westmeath County Council would set out in detail its policy “on local needs" for adjudicating on “one off” planning applications together with a view from the Executive on inconsistencies with adjoining counties”.
16. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
a) That the Mayor of Athlone Municipal District confer an address of recognition to the local delegates of the European People’s Festival for winning the prestigious Fair Play Award, at the Luan Gallery, Athlone on 30th September 2017.
b) That a Civic Reception be granted to the Members and Management of Westmeath Camogie Team on winning the All Ireland Premier Junior Camogie Championship.
c) That the following Budget Meeting dates be agreed:
17. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons:
19. Aon Gnó Eile