19/09/2016 15:00 - Council Chambers Mullingar
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Cathaoirleach agus Comhaltaí,
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the September Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next 19th September 2016 at 3.00pm in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar, to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
(i) To approve the minutes of July Monthly meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Áras an Chontae, Mullingar at 3.00p.m. Monday 25th July 2016.
(ii) To approve the minutes of Finance Committee Meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Áras an Chontae, Mullingar at 2.00pm Monday 25th July 2016.
(iii) To approve the minutes of Special Meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Áras an Chontae, Mullingar at 9.00 a.m. Wednesday 24th August 2016.
(iv) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar at 8.30 a.m. on Wednesday, 20th July 2016.
(v) To note the minutes of Mullingar Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday 11th July 2016 at 2.00pm
(vi) To note the minutes of the Athlone Municipal District Meeting held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 4th July 2016 at 2.00 p.m.
2. Management Report
3. Chief Executive Orders.
4. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed disposal of land at Hillside, Finea, Co. Westmeath, to Kenneth Haugh to rectify Title, in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
(ii) Proposed disposal of circa 4.404 acres of land at Lynn (opposite Bloomfield House Hotel), Mullingar to John & Edel Jones, - Supersedes Section 183 approved at meeting of 27th April, 2009, inaccordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
(iii) Proposed disposal of circa 0.2816 acres at Garrycastle Industrial Estate, Athlone to rectify title in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
5. To receive presentation on Housing from Minister for Housing and Urban Renewal, Damien English TD.
6. To receive a Presentation from the Office of Public Works on the Draft Flood Risk Management Plan for the River Shannon Catchment prepared as part of the Shannon Catchment Flood Risk Assessment and Management Study (CFRAMS)
7. To consider the variation of the basic rate of Local Property Tax under section 20 of the Finance (Local Property Tax) Act 2012 (as amended).
8. To consider Chief Executive Report for Part 8 Belvedere House Visitors Centre Re-design by Westmeath County Council.
9. To consider Chief Executive Report for Part 8 Social Housing Development at St. Laurence Terrace, Mullingar
10. To consider material contravention of the Mullingar Local Area Plan 2014-2020 in respect of PA 16/6011, being an application from Daracom Ltd. for eight two storey dormer four bedroom semi-detached houses in two designs, extensions to the existing estate roads and footpaths, associated car parking, landscaping including garden and boundary walls, new refuse store and all services on and under land, at Lakepoint, Mullingar, Co Westmeath.
11. To appoint 1 Member to the LCDC Committee following the resignation of Cllr Avril Whitney.
12. To fill the vacancy as Chairman of the Economic, Tourism and Enterprise SPC following the resignation of Cllr John Shaw.
'That Westmeath County Council looks to establish and provide assistance to the establishment of Jigsaw as a service for the county of Westmeath'
14. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
15. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons.
17. Aon Gnó Eile.