The Government has decided that from the 1 December 2020 the entire country will be placed on Level 3 under the Plan for Living with Covid-19.
Council public offices in Áras an Chontae, Mullingar, Athlone Civic Centre, and Castlepollard Civic Offices and all outdoor playgrounds, play areas, and parks have remained open and operating as normal.
In line with the move to Level 3 the following additional facilities will open to the public as described below:
• “Belvedere House Gardens & Park” remains open and the Café will go back to full service from Friday 4 December. (The House remains closed for renovations)
• Mullingar Swimming Pool will reopen on Wednesday 2 December for individual use only and with protective measures in place.
• Athlone Castle will reopen on Wednesday 2 December 2020
• Luan Gallery will reopen on Wednesday 2 December 2020.
• Athlone Regional Sports Centre will reopen on Tuesday 1 December 2020 for individual use only and with protective measures in place.
• Athlone, Mullingar, Moate, and Kilbeggan libraries will reopen for browsing and borrowing, including a Call and Collect service, from Tuesday 1 December 2020.
• Killucan Library will reopen on Friday 4 December 2020, operating a call and collect service. Castlepollard and Ballynacarrigy Libraries will remain closed.
The above information is subject to change as informed by ongoing Government and HSE advice.
All customers are asked to adhere to HSE Public Health requirements and advice in relation to physical distancing, hand hygiene, face coverings and cough/sneeze etiquette.
Where possible, members of the public are asked to use other methods of communication to transact business with the Council before visiting Council offices in person.
If you need to contact the Council, please use one of the following communication channels in the first instance:
Post: Westmeath County Council, Áras an Chontae, Mount Street, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath. N91 FH4N.
Telephone: (044) 933 2000
Westmeath County Council’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic will continue to be informed by advice from the HSE and Public Health Authorities and is subject to ongoing review.
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 01/12/2020