Westmeath Sports Partnership is delighted to be supporting several events for ‘HER Outdoors Week’ from Monday 14 – Sunday 20 August.
The week is an ideal opportunity for females of all ages and backgrounds to embrace activities outdoors, and to engage in a variety of exciting programmes and courses.
HER Outdoors Week is supported by Sport Ireland and is encouraging females to #FINDYOUROUTDOORS
and to experience the elements and amenities on offer all across Co. Westmeath this August.
Westmeath Sports Partnership is proud to support efforts to help females escape to the outdoors and to provide exciting opportunities to get involved in outdoor activities and try something new.
HER Outdoors Week is the perfect opportunity for females to embrace activity outdoors, as well as getting out in nature and of course, most importantly, having fun.
Westmeath Sports Partnership, in conjunction with several sports’ clubs and community groups across the County, is delighted to be able to offer a diverse range of experiences, catering to both adventure enthusiasts and those seeking more leisurely pursuits.
Some of the captivating activities that participants can look forward to during Her Outdoors Week include:
• Come and Try Yoga: Relax and embrace tranquillity and mindfulness with expert-led yoga sessions, providing an opportunity to rejuvenate the body and mind at Gaelscoil An Choillín, Mullingar
• Kayaking: Paddle through the scenic waterways of Co. Westmeath and into an unforgettable kayaking adventure, guided by skilled instructors in Ballynacarrgy Harbour
• All-female Canoe Polo exhibition match: Witness the adrenaline-pumping Canoe Polo exhibition match at Mullingar Harbour where skilled teams showcase their prowess in this dynamic and exciting sport
• Women's Social Cycle: Embark on a gentle cycling journey, exploring the charming countryside while forming lasting connections with fellow cyclists on a local greenway..
• History and Nature Walk: Uncover the captivating tales of Co. Westmeath's past and its breath-taking natural wonders during an engaging guided walk at Belvedere House, Gardens and Park
• Come and Try Orienteering: Test your navigational skills and embark on an exciting orienteering adventure at Athlone Regional Sports Centre
Her Outdoors Week offers an excellent opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and experience the joy of outdoor pursuits at many of Co. Westmeath's picturesque surroundings.
Don't miss this incredible chance to be a part of Her Outdoors Week in Co. Westmeath. Join us from Monday 14 – Sunday 20 August and immerse yourself in an unforgettable experience that celebrates the spirit of adventure and the wonders of the great outdoors.
You will find a full schedule of events, more information, and how to register for activities on our website here
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 10/08/2023