The Government has decided that, as of midnight on Wednesday 21 October, all of Ireland will be placed on Level 5 of the Plan for Living with COVID.
Level 5 restrictions will remain in place for a period of 6 weeks subject to review by Government.
• Council public offices in Áras an Chontae, Mullingar, Athlone Civic Centre and Castlepollard Civic Offices are operating as normal.
• All Council playgrounds, play areas, and parks remain open, including Belvedere Outdoor facilities
• Belvedere Café will operate on a takeaway basis only.
• Mullingar Swimming Pool and Athlone Regional Sports Centre will be closed
• Libraries will be available for online services only
• Athlone Castle and Luan Gallery will remain closed
The above information is subject to change based on Government and HSE advice.
All customers are asked to adhere to physical distancing, hand hygiene, face coverings and cough/sneeze etiquette in accordance with HSE Public Health requirements and advice.
Where possible, the public is asked to use other methods of communication to transact business with the Council rather than visiting Council offices in person.
If you need to contact the Council, please use one of the following communication channels in the first instance:
Post: Westmeath County Council, Áras an Chontae, Mount Street, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath. N91 FH4N.
Telephone: (044) 933 2000
Westmeath County Council’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic will continue to be informed by advice from the HSE and Public Health Authorities and is subject to ongoing review.
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 21/10/2020