The 2023 Road Safety Photography Competition is open and ready for Entries!!
From the 16th of January 2023 until the 28th of February 2023, we will be accepting entries for our Road Safety Photography Competition.
There’s a photographer in all of us! The next time you are out and about, why not take some photos and submit them to our Competition?
You could be in with a chance to win some fantastic prizes and the first prize is a €250 Mullingar Gift voucher with 7 additional prizes of €50.00 for runners up. The vouchers are redeemable in 105 outlets in Mullingar, with more being added every day, ensuring that local businesses and local jobs are supported!
This competition will also enable participants to contribute to the delivery of positive Road Safety messages to their peers and the wider community, communicating the importance of safe road user behaviour to ultimately save lives.
The aim of the competition is to communicate the importance of safe road user behaviour to ultimately save lives.
The photo must have a Road Safety theme.
Examples of Road Safety themes
- Be Safe Be seen
- Safe roads for all
- Protecting vulnerable road users
- Let’s look out for each other on the roads
- Getting to school safely
- Safe Parking/blocked footpaths
- Stop Look, Listen
- Speeding-a waste of time
- Share the road
- Driver /Pedestrian/Cyclist distraction-mobile phone use/headphones
- Pedestrian Safety-Safe Ways to cross
Selected photos will be used to help raise awareness, change behaviour, and influence all road users about road safety. We may display entries on our social media channels (crediting the photographer).
All photos must be taken within Ireland and we would love to see photos taken within Westmeath.
How to Enter
Please Email your photos to us firstname.lastname@example.org placing the words WCCRoadSafetyComp in the subject box.
Participants are also asked to post the photo to their Facebook and Instagram pages using #WCCRoadSafetyComp
Your photographs must be in landscape, in digital format, with a Max. file size of 10 MB.
You may submit up to 5 photos and each photo must be accompanied by the following information:
- Your name (and the name of the group leader if different)
- Your email address
- A brief description of the photo, i.e. where and when it was taken
By submitting your entries, you thereby agree to the Competition Terms and Conditions listed below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Entrants can be of any age. However those under 16 years of age must have parental consent to enter.
- All entries must be submitted according to the instructions and with the above mentioned information included. Incomplete entries may be automatically rejected.
- Each submission must be your own original work, created solely by you. Entries must not have been entered before, published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- If any person appears in the image, you are solely responsible for obtaining consent prior to submitting your entry. Formal submission of your entry will represent any required clearances.
- The entry must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company, entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
- The submission must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than you. Should you include such information, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences.
- Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, disparaging, defamatory or otherwise contain inappropriate content will be disqualified.
- Westmeath County Council reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing rules. Entrants agree to be bound by the decision of the judges.
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Westmeath County Council, you agree to grant the Council free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it sees fit (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons).
- The closing date for all competition entries is 28th February 2023. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date. Late, illegible or otherwise unusable entries will not be accepted.Westmeath County Council cannot accept any responsibility for lost entries.
- Westmeath County Counil reserve the right to withdraw or amend this competition at any time without notice.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. By submitting an entry, you accept that all rules are final and agree to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions
Who can enter the Competition?
Our competition is open to all photographers of all skill levels, so basically once you can aim and click, you’re in!
We ask that all photos submitted be taken in Landscape orientation. Although many great photos are taken for use on Snapchat and Instagram we do ask that all photos are free from watermarks, signatures, date stamps, and any social media filters or lenses.
Entrants under 18 years of age must have parental / guardian consent.
Written consent must be obtained from any person featured in the photo or by a parent if the person is under 18 in advance of submitting the photo for entry.
Is there a Prize?
So here is the good bit… Yes, there will be prizes.
The 1st Prize winner will receive a Mullingar Gift Vouchers to the value of €250.00
7 runners-up will each receive a Mullingar Gift Voucher to the value €50.00
The vouchers are redeemable in 105 outlets in Mullingar with more being added every day, ensuring that local businesses and local jobs are supported. Vouchers can be used in a multiple of various Retail outlets, Petrol Stations, Restaurants & Take Away’s, Hotels, Toy Shops, Electrical Store, Beauticians & Hair Salons and much more.
Gift Vouchers – Mullingar Chamber of Commerce
So, what are you waiting for? This is your chance to have your photos recognised and win a prize in the process!!
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 12/01/2023