Home > Our Services > Housing > Private rented sector

Private Rented Sector

RAS/Leasing Schemes


Landlord Leaflet

RAS and leasing landlord expression of interest


Housing Assistance Payments


Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) is a new social housing support which is being introduced in Westmeath on a phased basis. Over time, HAP will replace Rent Supplement for those with a long term housing need.

Persons applying for HAP (Housing Assistance Payment) must be a qualified housing applicant(s) before they can apply for HAP.

If you are eligible as an approved housing applicant, you must find your own private rented accommodation (within specific rent caps - see below). The Local Authority will pay the landlord directly and the tenant will pay a rent to the local authority based on the differential rent scheme. The rent will be based on your weekly household income and works in a similar way to the differential rents charged for local authority houses.
HAP Application Advisory Note

hap leaflet v4 december 2016

HAP Westmeath Contact

Please contact (044) 9332119

HAP Shared Services Centre

Landlord Payment Queries ONLY
Please contact +353 61-556600

Tenant Rent Arrears Queries ONLY
Please contact +353 61 556600