(Updated 25th May 2020)
Further to the Council’s notification in relation to the Restart Grant (published on Friday, 22nd May), please see the important update below in relation to the phasing of Grants.
The processing of applications and payment of the Restart Grant will depend on the initial surge of applications but, as far as is feasible, will be prioritised according to scheduled re-opening dates in the national Roadmap.
To avail of the Restart Grant:
1. A business must have a turnover of less than €5m and have 50 or less employees.
2. The business must have suffered a projected 25%+ loss in revenue from 1st April 2020 to 30th June 2020.
3. The business must commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed. The business must also declare the intention to retain employees that are benefitting from the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS).
4. Businesses should retain supporting documentation as spot-checks may be carried out to verify a declaration to this effect.
The grant is a contribution towards the cost of re-opening or keeping a business operational and re-connecting with employees and customers. The grant could be used to defray ongoing fixed costs, e.g. utilities, insurance, refurbishment or for measures to ensure employee and customer safety.
This direct grant support is part of the wider €12bn package of Government supports for firms of all sizes, which includes grants, low-cost loans, write-off of commercial rates and deferred tax liabilities, all of which will help to improve cashflow amongst SMEs.
Business Categories, based on the Government’s Roadmap for a phased re-opening of the economy, are as set out below:
|Phase 1 (May 18)||Hardware, garden centres, opticians, motor/cycle repairs, office products, electrical, IT equipment, phone sales/repairs, outdoor construction, public amenities.|
|Phase 2 (June 8)||Small retail outlets, marts.|
|Phase 3 (June 29)||Creches for essential workers, retail outlets with street entrance, cafes, and restaurants for on-premises consumption.|
|Phase 4 (July 20)||Creches, ‘high-risk’ services including hairdressers, tourism accommodation.|
|Phase 5 (August 10)||Bars, theatres, cinemas, gyms, shopping centres.|
For further details and to apply for the Restart Grant, click on the following link: https://wccapps.westmeathcoco.ie/restartgrant
If you have any queries, please contact us using either of the following contact methods:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tel: 044 933 8959