This policy is intended to encourage employees/workers to report internally any concerns, as soon as possible, they may have regarding potential wrongdoing in the workplace, in the manner provided by the Protected Disclosures Act, 2014; and in the knowledge that their concerns will be taken seriously and investigated, where appropriate, and that their confidentiality will be respected, in the manner provided by the Protected Disclosure Act, 2014;
The following matters are relevant wrongdoings:
- that an offence has been, is being or is likely to be committed,
- that a person has failed, is failing or is likely to fail to comply with any legal obligation, other than one arising under the worker’s contract of employment or other contract whereby the worker undertakes to do or perform personally any work or services,
- that a miscarriage of justice has occurred, is occurring or is likely to occur,
- that the health or safety of any individual has been, is being or is likely to be endangered,
- that the environment has been, is being or is likely to be damaged,
- that an unlawful or otherwise improper use of funds or resources of a public body, or of other public money, has occurred, is occurring or is likely to occur,
- that an act or omission by or on behalf of a public body is oppressive, discriminatory or grossly negligent or constitutes gross mismanagement, or
- that information tending to show any matter falling within any of the preceding paragraphs has been, is being or is likely to be concealed or destroyed.
A report on Protected Disclosures is made every year as part of the Annual Reports.
Protected Disclosures Policy Procedures