23/09/2019 15:00 - Council Chamber
18th September 2019.
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Chathaoirligh agus a Chomhaltaí
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the September Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 23rd September 2019 at 3.00pm in Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder.
Mise, le Meas,
Acting Director of Services.
(i) To approve the minutes of the July Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 22nd July 2019 at 3:00 pm.
Minutes of July Monthly Meeting of WCC 22 July 2019
(ii) To approve the minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 22nd July 2019 at 2:00 pm.
Minutes of Finance Committee Meeting 22.07.2019
(iii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Wednesday, 17th July 2019 at 8.30 a.m.
Minutes CPG Meeting 17th July 2019
(iv) To note the minutes of the Mullingar-Kinnegad Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 8th July 2019 at 2.00 p.m.
MKMD Minutes July 2019
(v) To note the minutes of the Athlone-Moate Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 1st July 2019 at 2:00 pm.
AMMD Minutes July 2019
2. Management Report
3. Chief Executive Orders
4. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed Disposal of circa 30 acres of land at Macetown, Cloghan, Mullingar to Mr Melvin Kiernan, Dring, Granard, Co. Longford in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
(ii) Proposed lease, to 31 March 2023, of 54 square meters of office space on Floor 1 of the Governor’s Office, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar to Longford, Westmeath, Roscommon, Community Transport CLG in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
(iii) Proposed 10 year licence of circa 0.186 acres at Culleenmore, Mullingar (adjoining Council car park at Cullion on Lough Owel) to Mullingar Canoe Club in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
5. Presentation on Mental Health and Five Ways to Wellbeing
6. To approve the appointment of the Audit Committee
7. To consider the Climate Change Adaptation Strategy
8. To nominate 2 No Elected Members to Westmeath Sport and Recreation Forum (Majority voting applies)
9. To consider and approve the sectoral representatives to the Strategic Policy Committees (SPCs)
10. To consider variation of the basic rate of Local Property Tax under section 20 of the Finance (Local Property Tax) Act 2012 (as amended)
11. To consider the draft Scheme of Priority for any future Affordable Housing Scheme in County, and to receive presentation in relation to this
12. To consider the Traveller Accommodation Programme 2019-2024
13. To note the Eastern and Midland Regional Assembly Annual Report 2018
14. Preparation of Westmeath County Council Corporate Plan 2020 - 2024
15. To consider the making of Road Traffic (Special Speed Limit) (County of Westmeath) Bye-Laws 2019
Cllr Louise Heavin:
“That Westmeath County Council recognises the overwhelming evidence that a climate and biodiversity crisis is evident from the research and that local action is crucial to combating this crisis.
As such that Westmeath County Council immediately implements the following steps:
- Declares a climate emergency for County Westmeath
- Commits to putting in place a Climate Action Plan
- Declares a biodiversity emergency for County Westmeath
-Updates and puts in place a Biodiversity Plan for County Westmeath
-Commits to reporting back with an update on climate and biodiversity action at every council meeting.
- Establish a Climate Action Committee comprised of elected members and representatives of civil society in Westmeath to meet within three months, whose remit would include prioritising transport, energy and flood protection measures consistent with a sustainable approach to the Climate Emergency”.
17. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
1. Budget 2020 Meeting dates:
18/11/2019 Preliminary Budget Meeting
25/11/2019 Statutory Budget Meeting
2. To consider hosting a Civic Reception to honour the Westmeath Intermediate Camogie Team on winning the All-Ireland Intermediate Camogie Championship 2019.
• Resolution from Clare County Council, together with report from ICT Section
• Letter from the Minister’s Office re Affordable Housing, Scheme of Priority
19. Aon Gnó Eile