26/02/2018 15:00 - Council Chamber
21st February 2018.
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Cathaoirleach agus Comhaltaí,
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the February Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 26th February 2018 at 3.00pm in Council Chamber, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder
Mise, le Meas,
(i) To approve the minutes of the January Monthly meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae on Monday, 29th January 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
(ii) To approve the minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting of Westmeath County Council held on Monday, 29th January 2018 at 2.00 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath.
(iii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Wednesday, 24th January 2018 at 8.30 a.m.
(iv) To note the minutes of Mullingar Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday, 15th January 2018 at 2.00pm.
(v) To note the minutes of the Athlone Municipal District Meeting held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 8th January 2018 at 3.00 p.m.
(vi) To note the minutes of the Housing, Community, Corporate and Cultural Strategic Policy Committee meeting held on 18th September 2017 at 11:00 am in the Executive Lounge, County Buildings, Mullingar.
2. Management Report
3. Chief Executive Orders
4. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed disposal of surplus lands to Gordon Johnston, in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
(ii) Proposed 5 year licence of former Moate Fire Station to Moate Tidy Towns, in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
5. To approve the Chief Executive’s Report on the proposed Variation to Westmeath County Development Plan 2014-2020 in respect of Housing land at Castlepollard
6. To approve the Chief Executive’s Report on the proposed Variation to Athlone Town Development Plan 2014-2020 in respect of Housing land at Athlone
7. To consider the Chief Executive’s Report on Part 8 Planning for Farran Housing Development
8. To receive Audit Committee Report on the Annual Financial Statement and Audit Report for 2016
9. To receive Audit Committee Annual Report for 2017
10. To consider and adopt Audit Committee Annual Work Programme 2018
11. (a) To approve revised constitution of Mullingar Integrated Arts Centre CLG
(b) To approve that the Board of Mullingar Integrated Arts Centre CLG are required to provide to Westmeath County Council not later than the 15th of March in each year, the Financial Accounts relating to the previous financial year to enable it to comply with the Code of Practice and Accounting Regulations applicable to Local Authorities.
12. To approve Westmeath Cultural and Creativity Strategy 2018-2022
13. To consider Westmeath Local Community Development Committee Annual Report 2017
"That Westmeath County Council calls on the Minister for the Environment to introduce a full moratorium on industrial Windfarm developments until such time as the new Wind Energy Guidelines are issued"
“That Westmeath County Council calls on the Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government to increase the income threshold guidelines for Social Housing Provision qualification.”
“That Westmeath County Council would lead the process of setting up an Economic Forum for the county involving all of the relevant agencies including both Mullingar and Athlone Chambers of Commerce with the objective of securing the economic development of all of the county of Westmeath. In the main, that we work together as team Westmeath for the good of the whole county.”
15. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
16. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons
18. Aon Gnó Eile