29/05/2017 15:00 - Council Chamber
24th May 2017.
To: The Cathaoirleach and Members of Westmeath County Council
A Cathaoirleach agus Comhaltaí,
I should be obliged if you would arrange to attend the May Monthly Meeting of Westmeath County Council, to be held on Monday next, 29th May 2017 at 3.00pm in Council Chambers, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar, to consider the items set out on the Agenda hereunder
Mise, le Meas,
(i) To approve the minutes of April Monthly meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Council Chambers, Áras an Chonate, Mullingar on 24th April 2017 at 3.00 pm.
(ii) To approve the minutes of the Finance Committee meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Áras an Chontae, Mullingar at 2.00p.m. Monday 24th April 2017.
(iii) To note the minutes of CPG meeting of Westmeath County Council held in the Board Room, Áras an Chontae, Mullingar at 8.30 a.m. on Wednesday, 19th April 2017.
(iv) To note the minutes of Mullingar Municipal District meeting of Westmeath County Council held in Áras an Chontae, Mullingar on Monday 10th April 2017.
(v) To note the minutes of the Athlone Municipal District Meeting held in Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone on Monday, 2nd May 2017 at 3.00 p.m.
2. Management Report.
3. Chief Executive Orders.
4. Disposal of Land/Property
(i) Proposed disposal of derelict cottage on 0.207 acres plot at Garrycastle, Athlone in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
(ii) Proposed renewal of licence of circa 3.30 acres at Fore, Castlepollard, to Fore Heritage and Amenity Group for further development as a walking route, in accordance with the terms of Section 183 Notice of the Local Government Act 2001 circulated within the specified period.
5. To consider Audit Committee Report pursuant to Section 121 of the Local Government Act 2001.
6. To consider Audit Committee Annual Report 2016.
7. To receive presentation from Leinster GAA in respect of Westmeath GAA Development programme.
8. To consider the making of Road Traffic (Special Speed Limit)(County of Westmeath) Bye Laws 2017.
9. To receive report on the Taking in Charge of Housing Estates in County Westmeath.
10. To approve of the taking-in-charge of the following Housing Estates in County Westmeath:
A) Woodville, Athlone
B) Beechpark, Collinstown
C) Cois Lene, Collinstown
“That this Council supports the “Stop Targeting Kids” Campaign organised by Irish Heart and calls on the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment to protect children’s health through strict controls, particularly on digital marketing, by introducing a comprehensive statutory system of regulation for online unhealthy food and drinks marketing directed at children”.
“Call on WCC to call on Minister of State with special responsibility for defence Paul Kehoe TD to urgently bring forward proposals which will address the issue of low pay for members of the defence forces.”
12. Recommendation(s) from Corporate Policy Group
13. To receive reports and recommendations from SPC Chairpersons:
15. Aon Gnó Eile