Westmeath County council is asking everyone to support Irish Road Safety Week (IRSW), which will be taking place from Monday 1 October to Sunday 7 October with lots of road safety activities planned nationwide.
The Road Safety Authority are looking for your help with this national drive to save lives, so if there are events happening in your community, get involved and help to save lives on our roads.
The Road Safety Authority want to hear what you’re doing to support Irish Road Safety Week in your community, school or workplace, so send the details to email@example.com and they’ll post them on their IRSW page. They look forward to working with you to help save lives and prevent serious injuries on our roads.
Here’s the list of what’s happening so far:
- On Monday 1 October, the RSA will host its Annual Academic Lecture in the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. The theme of this year’s lecture is pedestrian safety and will be attended by a wide variety of road safety stakeholders.
- On Wednesday 3 October: This is Tyre Safety Day. A copy of ‘Your guide to Tyre Safety’ which includes information on buying second hand tyres can be downloaded here.
- The RSA Health and Safety Authority (HSA) and An Garda Síochána are hosting a Driving for Work Seminar on ‘Managing Driving for Work’ for employers on Wednesday 3 October in the Carlton Hotel, near Ballycoolin Industrial Estate in Blanchardstown, Dublin from 8.30am to 1pm. Places are limited so email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The RSA will be airing its winter ready radio advert throughout the week. As the winter months are approaching its time to make sure your vehicle is maintained ahead of the winter season. The second Driving for Work Seminar hosted by the RSA, HSA and An Garda Síochána on ‘Managing Driving for Work’ for employers will take place on Thursday 4 October in Bunratty Castle Hotel, Shannon, Co Clare from 8.30am to 1pm. Places are limited so email email@example.com
- National “Beep Beep Day” takes place on Friday 5 October 2017. Beep Beep Day is a chance for pre-schoolers to get involved in road safety. Please place your orders through the RSA Online Orders system here in plenty of time to have your packs in time. They have limited supply of stocks so place your orders as soon as possible.
- The RSA Shuttle and Rollover will be visiting a number of locations during Irish Road safety Week. More detail will be available here once all locations have been confirmed
- There will be a number of free giveaways on certain RSA social media channels during the week.
- The RSA ‘StreetSmart’ brings road safety to life in a fun way for young children aged between 4 and 12. Using a ‘streetscape’ map, children wander the street scene and learn more about important road safety skills. Details will be added to the IRSW page once the locations are confirmed for StreetSmart
- Check it Fits, the RSA’s free child car seat checking service in partnership with Toyota, will be visiting locations around the country during Irish Road Safety Week. For more details on these and other locations please visit the Check it Fits section of the RSA website here.
- In October, the RSA will also be distributing its ‘Back to School’ pack to secondary students, while Seatbelt Sheriff and Hi Glo Silver will be making an appearance at primary level.
- The National Road Safety Education Service will be travelling the length and breadth of the country, delivering road safety education programmes to crèches, schools, universities, workplaces and communities throughout the week.
For more information, see the RSA's Irish Road Safety Week page.
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 25/09/2018