The Government has decided that from midnight tonight, the entire country will be placed on Level 3 under the Plan for Living with Covid-19. Westmeath along with the rest of the country will remain at Level 3 for a period of three weeks, until Tuesday 27 October, at which point the situation will be reviewed by the Government, based on the status of the virus and public health advice.
In response, Westmeath County Council has taken the following actions:
• All outdoor playgrounds, play areas, and parks remain open including Belvedere outdoor facilities.
• Belvedere Café will operate on a takeaway and outdoor service only.
• Mullingar Swimming Pool and Athlone Regional Sports Centre remain open with controls. Contact centres for details.
• Libraries will be available for online services and call and collect services only.
• Athlone Castle and Luan Gallery are closed.
The above information is subject to change based on Government and HSE advice.
Aside from the above, all other Council public buildings remain open and Council services are operating as normal.
All customers are asked to adhere to physical distancing and cough/sneeze etiquette as directed by HSE guidelines.
Where possible, members of the public are asked to use other methods of communication to transact business with the Council rather than visiting Council offices in person.
If you need to contact the Council, please use one of the following communication channels in the first instance:
Post: Westmeath County Council, Áras an Chontae, Mount Street, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath. N91 FH4N.
Telephone: (044) 933 2000
Westmeath County Council’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic will continue to be informed by advice from the HSE and Public Health Authorities and is subject to ongoing review.
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 06/10/2020