The Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability is available to assist in the carrying out of works which are reasonably necessary for the purposes of rendering a house more suitable for the accommodation of a person with a disability who has an enduring physical, sensory, mental health or intellectual impairment.
The types of works allowable under the scheme include:
- the provision of access ramps
- downstairs toilet facilities
- accessible showers
- adaptations to facilitate wheelchair access, extensions
- and any other works which are reasonably necessary for the purposes of rendering a house more suitable for the accommodation of a person with a disability
You can apply for the grant by completing the application form below and returning it to your local Municipal District Office in either Mullingar-Kinnegad or Athlone-Moate.
To request an Irish version of the application form please contact
- Municipal District of Mullingar Kinnegad 044 9332021
- Municipal District of Athlone Moate 0906442100