A farm plastics recovery scheme was established to increase the recycling of farm plastics waste (silage bale wrap and sheeting). There are obligations on manufacturers and suppliers in relation to the collection and recovery of farm plastics placed on the market. A producer/supplier of farm plastics has the choice of either complying with the regulations directly or alternatively participating in the approved scheme. The scheme is operated by the Irish Farm Films Producers Group (IFFPG). For further information see Farm Plastics or Local 1890 300 444.
Irish Farm Film Producers Group Ltd (IFFPG)
IFFPG is Ireland's only government licensed recycling compliance scheme, responsible for providing an efficient and cost effective farm plastics recycling service to farmers nationwide. IFFPC collects both at the farmyard and at bring-centres. The Scheme is "not for profit" and funded through a levy that is charged on all silage plastic that members place on the market, as well as a weight based collection fee charged to farmers. For more information see Farm Plastics
IFFPG Bring-Centres in Westmeath 2023
Please find below details of Bring-Centres:
- Rochfordbridge, Beggstown Old Quarry 21st August
- Moate Agri Supplies, Dublin Road 23rd August
- Ballinagore GAA 25th August
- Athlone, Gaffney’s Farm, Moydrum 28th August
- Whitehall, Ringtown GAA 29th August
- Milltown Sean Doolin Park, Rathconrath 31st August
- Delvin Mart 2nd September
- The Downs, Drummonds Flynn Agri TBC
Opening hours 9-5pm unless stated.