Home > Our Services > Environment > Casual trading

Casual trading

Casual Trading means selling goods on the public road or at a place where the public has access as of right and any other place that is a designated casual trading area.

A casual trading licence is required to sell goods on the public road. The Council have designated specific locations for trading.

New Casual Trading Bye Laws have been adopted and are effective from 13th December 2021:

It is an offence under this Act to trade without a valid casual trading licence.

Download an application form to apply for a Casual Trading Licence:

Designated Trading Areas

The Casual Trading Bye Laws sets out designated casual trading bays in the following locations:

  •  The Fairgreen, Mullingar 
  •  Dominick Street, Mullingar
  •  Castlepollard 
  •  Delvin 
  •  Clonmellon 
  •  Kilbeggan
  •  Ballymore 
  •  Collinstown 
  •  Moate