Casual Trading means selling goods on the public road or at a place where the public has access as of right and any other place that is a designated casual trading area.
A casual trading licence is required to sell goods on the public road. The Council have designated specific locations for trading. A list of trading places can be found in the Casual Trading Bye Laws
It is an offence under this Act to trade without a valid casual trading licence.
Designated Trading Areas
The lands as set out below are hereby designated as the Casual Trading Areas by the Council for the County of Westmeath.
- A. Town/Village: Mullingar Location: Car Park, Fairgreen as Designated
- B. Town/Village: Castlepollard Location: The Square as Designated
- C. Town/Village: Tyrellspass Areas Designated by the Council
- D. Town/Village: Delvin Areas Designated by the Council
- E. Town/Village: Lough Lene Location : The Cut
- F. Town/Village: Clonmellon Areas Designated by the Council
- G. Town/Village: Kilbeggan Areas Designated by the Council
- H. Town/Village: Ballymore Areas Designated by the Council
- I. Town/Village : Collinstown 9 Areas Designated by the Council
- J. Town/Village: Moate Areas Designated by the Council