If you have a dog over 4 months old, you must have a licence for it and the person to whom the licence is issued must be over 16 years of age.
What type of licence do you need?
- Individual dog licence – covers one dog for a period of 12 months
- General dog licence – for owners of kennels for a period of 12 months
- Lifetime of the dog licence – for the lifetime of the dog for which the licence is issued
Dogs which do not require a licence
- Guide dogs for the blind do not require licensing
- Dogs which are in the country for less than 30 days do not require licensing.
|License options|| ||Fee|
How to apply
Westmeath County Council,