Business Waste Management
The Business Guide to Wise Waste Management aims to provide practical information and contacts to assist businesses to improve management of their various waste streams and to reduce the amount of waste being created.
WEEE Registration Scheme
ERP (European Recycling Platform) are responsible for electrical and electronic waste (WEEE) collection and recycling in Westmeath.
- Retailers register free of charge
- The scheme is open to all retailers whether they sell electronic goods/batteries as part of their ongoing stock or for a limited time only.
- For more information retailers should visit http://www.erp-recycling.ie/index.php?content=97 or to register contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Waste Management Packaging Regulations were introduced to assist Ireland achieve national packaging recovery targets. A 60% recovery targets is now set for all packaging waste by December 2011.
The Regulations place obligations on companies (Producers) that place packaging, packaging material or packaged products on the Irish market. They must segregate their packaging waste arising on site into specified waste streams and ensure that it is recycled or recovered.
Producers with a turnover of €1m that place 10 tonnes of packaging on to the market (Major Producer) are further obligated to either join Repak or register with their Local Authority (Self Comply).
- Business Guide to Wise Waste Management
- WEEE and the Retailer
- Local Authorities WEEE Batteries and Accumulators