Cathaoirleach Awards 2022
The Cathaoirleach Awards event honours people or groups who have given special service in their community in County Westmeath. The awards recognise the role played by many individuals and groups in helping to create a strong and vibrant community. The Cathaoirleach Awards go some way to recognising the involvement of individuals and groups in their communities, how they can influence others to become involved and active in their communities.
The Cathaoirleach Awards was held this year on Friday 6th May.
The event was live streamed so as everyone could tune in to see who won these prestigious awards.
To view the Cathaoirleach Awards 2022 please click the link below
Cathaoirleach Awards 2021
For the past number of years Westmeath County Council has distributed in the region of €450,000 per annum to Community and Voluntary Groups in the form of grants and awards. This is because the Council recognise the work that the Community and Voluntary sector carry out on a day to day basis and believes that this grouping is one of the most important sectors in the county as they contribute to the “Quality of Life” of all citizens.
Overall Winner of the 2021 Westmeath Person/Group of the Year is: Mullingar Community First Responders
Winners of Person/Group of the Year Awards 2021:
- Community Involvement - Kathleen O'Neill
- Children and Youth Supports - Noel O'Callaghan
- Environment and Heritage - Ballymore Tidy Towns
- Equality and Social Inclusion - Athlone Community Radio
- Active Elderly - Mary Carpenter
- Sports and Recreation - Kim Magee
2021 Age Friendly Recognition Award
- Age Friendly Recognition Award 2021 - Castledaly Ladies and Gentleman’s Group
Project of the Year Award 2021
- Project of the Year Award 2020 winner – €10,000 goes to our winner - Moate Community Development Association
2021 Pride of Place – Representing Westmeath
- Fore Heritage & Amenity Group - Community Tourism initiative
- Ballymore Village - Population 300 to 1000
Congratulations to all our winners and the very best of luck with your future work in your communities.