Due to Covid lock downs and restrictions, Mullingar Swimming Pool was regretfully unable to complete booked Public Swimming Lessons for Children swimming lessons from 2020 and 2021.
It has now been decided to refund all lessons that have been paid for and to invite new applications for Children’s Swimming Lessons to commence in early January.
Due to Covid 19 restrictions and the capacity of the changing area, places will be limited. We are now inviting applications in the various categories and all applications received before 5th January 2022 will be recorded.
In the interest of fairness and transparency, where places are oversubscribed, a draw will be made by the Mayor of the Municipal District of Mullingar Kinnegad to allocate these spaces.
Successful candidates will then be contacted to confirm their attendance and lessons will be organised. As soon as restrictions allow, additional Children’s lessons will be facilitated.
An application is available here: Swimming Lesson Registration Form
and on our Facebook page. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 5 January 2022. Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any customers that had been enrolled in previous courses will be contacted with regard a refund.
Westmeath County Council and the Management and Staff of the Pool thank all our customers for your patience, continued support and your adherence to public safety guidelines and wish you all a happy Christmas.
* Covid-19 - Due to current Covid-19 Level 5 restrictions the swimming pool is closed.
- ALWAYS adhere to 2m social distancing from others and staff
- Only 1 member of the public (or 1 pod) is allowed in the lobby area of Mullingar swimming pool.
- Please do not enter lobby until you are advised by staff, or it is clear.
- There is queuing system outside the swimming pool building. Please do not enter the lobby area.
- Our viewing area is closed and only customers who are swimming will be given access to the changing room (nobody will be permitted to wait in the swimming pool reception.
- 15 minutes after the public session has started if you have not shown up your place will null and void.
- A cubical and locker number will be assigned to you and please do not use any other cubical or locker.
- DO NOT use any other locker or cubical during the session ONLY the one assigned to them.
- Please wait in cubical until you hear whistle which lets you know session has started.
- Leave pool re the egress plan.
- ONLY pre-showers available before swim.
- No post showers after your swim.
- No hair dryers allowed on site and no pre-paid hair dryers available.
ALWAYS follow the direction given from our lifeguards as they are there for everyone’s safety.